Yesterday was presented at the Excm. Provincial Council A Corunna Xadrez Between Headlights International Tournament to be held 5 to October 14 in the Costa da Morte, specifically in 3 venues: Finisterre, Muxia Camariñas and from where the idea of organizing the tournament by Santiago Perez Club President Xadrez Touriñan of Muxía.La Cape Provincial Council is the main driver of the tournament with € 30,000 and € 10,000 remaining from 3 town hall and rates the taxes contributions FIDE and FEDA the Fegaxa.
It is a closed tournament with five strong GM system will play for double round resting one on each round so you can comment on the items and perform various acts during the day.The participants are Spanish GM Ivan Salgado (2614) with 22 years, who will take on the GM Richard Rapport (2676) from Hungary and has only 17 years, GM Lazaro Bruzon (2699) of Cuba in 31 years, GM Ivan Cheparinov (2687) from Bulgaria with 27 years, and Peruvian GM Julio Granda (2663) with 46 years.
The tournament will be played at three venues, the first 3 games in the Lighthouse of Finisterre, the following 3 at the Lighthouse Vilán in Camariñas and the last 4 in the Library of Muxia because Touriñán Cape Lighthouse was not posible.They are preparing various cultural and chess events, is hoping to organize a chess rapid tournament with the closed tournament asset will be the prestigious journalist Leontxo Garcia commenting and giving a conference tournament, the games will be broadcast on the Internet worldwide.
Presentation of the tournament in the Delegation of Corunna with President D.Diego Calvo, the mayors and Santi.
It is an initiative of the Chess Club Cape Touriñán , club after having organized a number of events of this dynamic sport in the area, want to go one step further and do compete on the biggest stage is emblematic as the Costa da Morte , both Chess in the past lighthouses , as the fans of this sport in the area for years . This time worked to bring the teachers .
SPONSOR : County Council of A Corunna .
Cooperation and encouragement of key mayors of the three municipalities :
– Don Manuel Valeriano Alonso Leon ( Camariñas )
· Don José Manuel Traba Fernández ( Finisterre )
· Don Félix Porto Serantes ( Muxia )
We also have the help of:
Spanish Federation of Chess
Galician Federation of Chess
– We received the support and availability of people with expertise and experience in planning , scheduling , organization and control of sporting events , with the ability to optimize resources .
The tournament will be broadcast on the internet , the games can be seen anywhere in the world . For this, the tournament will feature Lighthouses Among the best communicator of these events , the expert chess journalist Leontxo Olasagasti Garcia , who relays all kinds of tournaments for over 30 years . In addition , there will be media coverage in Galicia and Spain , so the range will be very important .
– Relay network ( create links to upcoming events )
Tourist promotion , the Costa da Morte ( cultural )
Contribution – educational activities during the tournament ( guided tours , lectures in schools … )
– We want to have stability and be able to repeat this first edition , if possible , giving continuity for five years with ratings
– Claim to the area. Promotion , sports and cultural dynamism
PLUS QUALITY :
– Network of contacts in the field of top-level chess:participants believe more than 2600 FIDE ELO points(global indicator )
– Support of fans and monitors that provide their experience .
Every day , rest a player who will be part of the team of analysts that enrich the broadcasting over the Internet .